Poetry Paths fosters new ways of seeing our city and forges new connections in our community by bringing poetry and art into people’s daily lives. Â
To create and administer two projects as part of Poetry Paths:
Poetry Paths on the Street andÂ Poetry Paths in the Schools and Community
Through Poetry Paths on the Street,
- To facilitate the creation and installation of site-specific, artfully designed displays of poetry that are of a consistently high quality and that surprise, delight and move their audiences.
- To facilitate the creation and installation of site-specific, sustainable, artfully designed displays of poetry that reflect the diverse cultures, communities, histories and languages of Lancaster.
- To encourage engagement, ownership and long-term commitment of the art among city residents and neighbors.
- To enhance Franklin and Marshall Collegeâ€™s engagement with the community.
- To provide sustained opportunities for students at Franklin & Marshall to engage with the community around poetry and visual art.
Through Poetry Paths in the Schools and Community,
- To enhance young Lancastriansâ€™ understanding and experience of poetry and visual art in their everyday lives.
- To give voice to Lancastrians through poetry.
- To increase Lancastriansâ€™ sense of shared community and civic pride through Poetry Paths programming at our partner schools and community centers.
- To support the related curricular goals and institutional missions of our partner schools and centers.
- To continue to facilitate community engagement after the Paths are installed, whenever possible with the involvement of students from Franklin & Marshall College.